Category: How to ? (page 2 of 3)
A few days ago, I started to have a very disturbing “Not permitted” message when trying to mount a usb disk from Thunar. The only way I found was to pmount the disk : not as intuitive as just clicking the disk on Thunar.
But after some googling, I found where was the real problem : udisk, who is responsible of mounting disks, uses polkit to know if I have the right to mount, or not, external disk. So, if you have the same problem, follow this steps :
sudo nano /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.udisks2.policy
(use your favorite text editor in place of nano)
Then, look for the section with “udisks2.filesystem-mount”, inside you’ll have a “defaults” section with interesting stuff :
<defaults> <allow_any>auth_admin</allow_any> <allow_inactive>auth_admin</allow_inactive> <allow_active>auth_admin_keep</allow_active> </defaults>
Now, replace all “auth_admin*” by “yes” to give access for every user, like this :
<defaults> <allow_any>yes</allow_any> <allow_inactive>yes</allow_inactive> <allow_active>yes</allow_active> </defaults>
Save your modifications. Forget this annoying message !
- In Windows, create a certificate via Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Digital Certificate for VBA Projects
- In Microsoft Outlook, open the VB editor and copy/paste the code below
- Replace email@example.com and save
- Click on Tools > Digital Signature
- Click on [Choose] and select your certificate
- Click OK, then save and close the VB editor
- Create the Outlook rule with [run a script] as action and select your macro
- That’s all folks !
Private Const TO_EMAIL As String = "firstname.lastname@example.org" Sub ForwardAllEmail(theMail As MailItem) On Error GoTo EndSub Dim mailObj As Outlook.MailItem Dim item As Outlook.MailItem Set mailObj = Application.Session.GetItemFromID(theMail.EntryID) Set item = mailObj.Forward item.Recipients.Add (TO_EMAIL) item.Send Set item = Nothing ' Set variables to null to prevent memory leaks Set mailObj = Nothing Exit Sub EndSub: MsgBox "Error: " & Err.Description End Sub
New session : tmux
Attach to a session : tmux a
Detach : Ctrl+b d
Scroll : Ctrl+b PgUp/PgDown (quit with q) also can use mouse after first page up or down
Copy mode : Ctrl+b [ (quit with q)
Split horizontally : Ctrl+b “
Split vertically : Ctrl+b %
Switch pane : Ctrl+b arrow key
Resize pane : Hold Ctrl+b + arrow keys
install xclip so buffer copied insied tmux are also available to X : sudo apt-get install xclip
Assume we have access to the wifi at work and at home. How can I configure my laptop to automatically connect to the right network without using a graphical network manager ? Welcome guessnet !
Read more →
For example, to substitute foo with bar
for f in `grep -lR foo`; do echo -n ">> $f"; sed 's/foo/bar/g' $f > $f.tmp ; mv $f.tmp $f ; echo " done."; done
- 1) for loops on all files containing the text “foo”, grep -l only show the file name with corresponding text inside.
- 3) sed replace foo with bar in all file
- 4) mv save the modification (delete if you don’t want to overwrite the original files, the modified files is named with .tmp at the end)
- 2) & 5) echo: which file is treated